Christie's industry firsts
- First projection manufacturer to receive two Academy Awards for Scientific and Technical Achievement for cinema projectors.
- First licensee of DLP Cinema® technology, the first Digital Cinema technology to be adapted by the Hollywood community.
- First to market with a networked on-screen advertising solution to help support and grow your exhibitors' businesses.
- First licensee of Texas Instruments Series 2 DLP® Cinema technology.
- First to offer specialised digital projection products for Virtual Reality, simulation and control rooms.
- First digital 3D 3-chip projectors - The Christie Mirage Series
- First to provide a fully-scalable modular display solution with the introduction of Christie® MicroTiles. MicroTiles leverage the strengths of both DLP® projection and Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology to offer substantially brighter images and a vast colour palette.
- First to develop a virtually maintenance-free simulation system that provides simultaneous and independent control over both the visible and near-IR spectrum using LED illumination.
- First to offer a solid-state LED ultra-high resolution DLP® rear screen projection system with a zero maintenance design, Christie Entero.
- First motion platform ready DLP® projectors - The Christie Matrix Series.
- Manufactured the first HD 3D projector.
- And many more...
Engineering and innovation
Our strong focus on engineering ensures that Christie is constantly developing new projectors and innovative technologies that help our customers reach their objectives. Our engineers are hired and trained to be the best. They not only pack the best performance into the most compact, most reliable, fastest projectors, they are also challenged with being environmentally responsible and cost-efficient.
Christie is committed to environmentally friendly solutions that follow RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) regulations, include 100% recyclable shipping materials, and reduce overall power consumption whenever possible. Our digital cinema projectors now include a stand-by mode that reduces power consumption when the unit is not in operation. The Christie CP2220 digital cinema projector gets more light output using a 3kW lamp than competing products that require larger, more expensive 4kW lamps. Innovations such as this not only reduce environmental impact, but also provide our customers with major cost savings due to reduced lamp and electricity requirements. In several cost of operation comparison studies, Christie projectors were found to have the lowest cost of operation over ten years. In some cases it was nearly half of the cost of the next competitor, and tens – or hundreds – of thousands of dollars less than the competitor with the highest operating cost.
International Center for Advanced Manufacturing: Kitchener, Canada.
The manufacturing facility in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada is the worldwide center for advanced manufacturing of all Christie digital DLP projectors. With over 200,000 sq. ft of production floor space and 600+ employees, this certified ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001 facility houses top of the line technology, equipment and employees. The manufacturing process is based on the Kaizen Lean Manufacturing philosophy that focuses on continuous improvement processes, and the 5S methodology.
Asia Manufacturing Center: Shenzhen, China
This facility has been operational since late spring of 2010, assembling and shipping Christie CP2220 DLP Cinema® projectors. With over 85,000 sq. ft. of space, the Shenzhen represents a dramatic and successful increase in demand for Christie projectors.
The staff at this production facility are among the best trained in the world, using the same manufacturing principles and processes that have earned Christie's digital projectors numerous industry awards and the unwavering trust of the exhibition community.
Shenzhen is one of the country’s top industrial centers and a technology hub. The Christie Shenzhen facility is strategically located to benefit from its proximity to Hong Kong, whose ports are among the largest in the world. Projectors can be deployed quickly throughout the Asia Pacific markets, as well as around the world.
Rigorous Manufacturing Processes
Christie's manufacturing processes are based on the Kaizen Lean Manufacturing philosophy that focuses on continuous improvement processes, and the 5S methodology.
The 5S’s of Kaizen manufacturing are:
- Seiton – Orderliness
- Seiri – Tidiness
- Seiso – Cleanliness
- Shitsuke – Discipline
- Seiketsu – Standardised clean-up
Christie is best known for our industry leading warranties and service. The entire line of Christie 3-chip DLP® projectors are backed by a standard three-year warranty program. The warranty for the industry acclaimed CDXL high performance Xenon lamps, used in digital cinema projectors, provides a 100% credit of the purchase price for the full 2,400 hours of operation. Our repair center offers fast turnaround time and low cost out-of-warranty repair services for LCD or DLP® products. We also provide maintenance services to extend the life of your projector.
With offices on every major continent, we provide a customer-centric approach to business. Over 100,000 Christie projection solutions have been installed worldwide. Our global dealer network of Christie-trained professionals ready to help you find the right projection solution based on your specific challenges and requirements.